Advanced Product Options Advantages in eCommerce
eCommerce websites bring a unique set of challenges and obstacles that need a solution if there is to be any substantial amount of success. An online eCommerce product page has to both be efficient for the website owner to control and provide all the product options that a customer is used to being able to choose from in a physical store.
So what’s the solution? Is there some amazing piece of software out there that has all the features that a web product page would need and doesn’t require a degree in computer science to operate? The answer is yes, and it’s called Web Shop Manager (WSM). WSM is an eCommerce platform that gives its user the ability to easily add website product options, manage online product inventory control and dynamically generate eCommerce product skus based on options selected. Our platform not only encompasses all of these features, but excels at making the operation of your eCommerce website an easy task.
Our goal has always been to offer an experience that is intuitive and easy to use for business owners and webmasters alike, by allowing them to:
- List eCommerce product options on individual product pages, with image swatches
- Control 1000s of online SKUs with various size, color, and pricing options
- Establish Global or Unique Product Options
- Build website product SKUs based on options selected
- Manage online product inventory levels that are specific to option combinations
- And much, much more!
Global and Unique Product Options
Global product options are options that would be available on all or many products on your website. A great example of this is men’s size options, S, M, L, XL, XXL. Wouldn’t it be great if you could add that eCommerce product option to many items, all with the click of a button? While this is a very simple example, if even works for complex web products such as options for a car’s transmission or phone accessories.
A unique website product option would be a selection that you only want available on one product. These types of product options can be easily added on the Web Shop Manager Product pages and will automatically display on the front end of your website.
In either scenario, you can have an additional charge for a premium option. All of this allows you to manage just ONE product but essentially sell endless variations.
- Options can be assigned individual SKUs that can either override the main SKU number or be added to the end
- Example: Blue Product has a SKU of 1234, red product is 1235, and green product is 1236. The system will send the correct SKU to the checkout based on the option selected
- Great for those who want to import their website orders into their accounting software, such as Quickbooks
- Our Product Inventory Management system allows you to assign and control specific SKUs to match your needs!
Dynamic Inventory Management with Product Options
Managing thousands of product SKUs can be a hassle, especially if they’re based on a combination of options, such as red/medium or yellow/large. With a few clicks of the mouse you can have complete control of your products, and inventory levels can be set in conjunction with what’s available to ensure that customers aren’t buying things you don’t have.
- That way you can never oversell an option. Telling customers you don’t actually have what they ordered is a situation you don’t want to be in!
- Example: You might have 15 large dog bones, but only 4 small ones. As soon as the small ones sell out that option will no longer be available for purchase, allowing you to sell more large ones
WSM even has a comprehensive Product Options Module to give the owner complete control over what is, and what isn’t displayed on individual product pages. Embedded images, price modifiers, and custom request options are just a taste of what you’ll get when you incorporate WSM into your eCommerce website.
Product Options can be edited at any time you feel the need to improve your inventory management, and WSM makes it easy! Unique Product Options can be edited from the product page itself or the options screen, while the Global Product Options can only be changed from the options screen. Once you are in the appropriate section, click the ‘Edit’ icon next to the corresponding Product Option.
You can easily create new options that are similar to previously created options from either the Options page or the Product page (once again, Unique Product Options can be edited from either page while Global Options must be edited from the options page). This allows you to minimize time spent in the back end editing, and maximize time spent selling!
Choose WSM as Your eCommerce Solution!
Choosing Web Shop Manager as your Content Management System (CMS) is a surefire way to improve your eCommerce experience. With our Advanced Product Options Module you will have complete control over your product pages, which are one of the most important aspects of any successful eCommerce website. Whether you’re taking advantage of our numerous custom SKU options for complete inventory management, or utilizing our unique and global product option features, WSM has the power to increase your overall eCommerce success!
Contact us today to discuss how to truly take control of your product pages.