FAQ Pages for Improved eCommerce Customer Support
The FAQ module is a great way to incorporate question & answer pages or informational pages into your site. FAQ pages save countless hours spent on customer support answering frequently asked questions.
WSM™ has made it possible to add multiple FAQ pages to cover a variety of topics. Some ideas include:
General FAQ – There may be one or many FAQ pages answering set-up, installation, or continued use questions. FAQs could link to other site pages, video tutorials, or images for further explanation, if applicable.
Store Policies – Easy to navigate FAQ pages allow customers access to all the answers that will help you make the sale. Use a store policy page for disclaimers, and additional information necessary to the purchase process.
Shipping Policies – Questions often arise regarding the shipping process. Use an FAQ page to answer those questions before they need to be asked making the process smooth for both the customer and the merchant.
Efficiently Manage Topics for FAQ Pages
FAQs consist of two components: Topics and Articles. Topics are used to organize the articles. Articles are the actual questions and answers. For this example we will have multiple questions about shipping. So we will create a topic called Shipping Policy and then create the questions.
To access FAQ, highlight Module and click FAQ. This site currently does not have any topics created.
To begin, we need to create a Topic. Click the Add FAQ Topic button to access the screen below. We will discuss each numbered item further.
- Title - The name of your topic. For this example it will be Shipping Policy.
- Template - This determines which site template to use when displaying this page. If your site utilizes more then one template, click the drop down arrow and select the appropriate template for this page. If your site only has one template, you do not need to change this field.
- Priority - Choose the order of the FAQ Topics. Higher priorities are displayed before Topics with a lower priority.
- Hidden – Clicking “no” will allow this Topic to be viewable and listed on the FAQ page.
Once you have added the information, click the Add FAQ Topic button to save the information. You will then return to the FAQ Topics page.
To add questions to the topic, click the List icon. This will display a screen similar to the one below. From here, you can add a question (article) to the topic.
To begin, click the Add FAQ Article button on the right. It will display the screen as shown below. Each item is discussed in detail.
- Question – Type the question that is being answered in this article. You can also think of the question as a heading if you are using the FAQ Module to create a page with headings and content.
- Topic – Select which FAQ Topic this article should belong to. In this case, you want to click the dropdown arrow and select Shipping Policy.
- Priority - Determines the order of the Articles. Higher priorities are displayed above items with a lower priority.
- Hidden – You can use this features to hide and unhide articles. If they are hidden the viewer will not see the information provided on the FAQ topic page.
- Answer – Type the answer to the question for this article. You can use HTML code in the answer to provide layout/design or links. If you used the Question as a Heading, the Answer would be the content you want displayed below that heading.
Remember to click the Add FAQ Article button which will save the article and take you back to the list of articles/questions.
Click the edit icon to the left of each article to make changes as needed. If you are returning to edit an article later, remember that you need to click the List icon to the left of the Topic to access the list of Articles.
Simplify your Customer Service Efforts with eCommerce FAQ Pages
Keep customers happy by utilizing WSM™’s FAQ feature. Organized topics will enable customers to quickly and easily find the results they were looking for without a lengthy phone call. This will keep both your customers and customer service representatives satisfied.
The easier your company is to work with the more likely you will be to have repeat customers. Spend a little more time up front to set up your FAQ pages and reap the benefits for years to come. Want to know how you could streamline your customer support? Contact WSM™ for your free eCommerce web design quote.