eCommerce Live Chat Support Software
One of the primary differences between an eCommerce website and a brick & mortar store is the lack of human interaction that goes hand in hand with selling online. While shopping online has quite a long list of benefits, like being able to engage in it any time and on your own schedule, human interaction is still something that can seriously benefit your e-business. The introduction of Live Chat Software to the industry alleviated quite a bit of this stress, but the program would still have to be paid for and implemented into the back end of your website. Choosing Web Shop Manager (WSM) means that you will reap all of the benefits of a fully functional Live Chat Support Service at no extra charge!
What are some of the Benefits of eCommerce and Live Chat?
- Reduce shopping cart abandonment
- Provide a level of customer service that your competitors don’t
- Keep visitors on your site by answering important questions that they would normally have to find answers to elsewhere
- Up sell your products by suggesting items your customers may want or need
Live Chat Features & Benefits in eCommerce
- Increased Conversions: According to Garrett Hurley of GFH Boards - "When utilizing a live chat feature on the GFH Boards web site we are able to engage and more accurately answer questions that a potential customer might have. Our ability to answer a direct question in "real time" has significantly increased our conversion success rate.” That seems pretty good right? But how can a live chat feature increase conversions? It’s simple: when a visitor comes to your website and is interested in a product, but wants some more information on it before purchasing, what would they do in the absence of a live chat option? They would probably hit the back button and search for the answers they’re looking for. Now that potential sale is off of your website and there’s no telling whether or not they’ll come back, or just go to the next guy. A live chat feature has the capability of keeping people on your eCommerce website by giving them a way to find the answers they’re looking for without leaving, thus simulating an in-store shopping experience.
- Reduced Online Order Errors: Live Chat Support shows a level of commitment to customer care that people feel reassured by. The customer can engage real-time with sales support to help make the right buying decision which is exceedingly important for companies with a complicated return policy, or none at all. The best way to eliminate unwanted confusion is to be there to help direct the buying decision. In return, it will cut down on product returns, and costly support phone calls to rectify the situations.
- Shared Support: Spread the support load among associates by utilizing chats as a way to minimize time. Chats are typically much faster than phone calls because chats are initiated from the site rather than by perusing a cumbersome catalog. That means time spent with customers is direct and to the point so that in the long run there is more time for sales follow up and lead generation. The number of chats that can be handled simultaneously varies by industry. However, the number for optimum effectiveness is somewhere around 2-5 chats. Considering that a phone call would tie up a customer service representative with a single person, you can see where this would reduce overhead costs on both personnel and phone expenses.
- Optimized Up Selling: When the opportunity presents itself to sales support they should be able to guide the customer in a direction that is helpful, and increases the bottom line. Take for instance this personnel case study fom The Internet Marketing Driver, where he ended up spending $100 more than was originally in his cart due to a proactive response from the Live Chat Support Service. The company made an extra $100 from one transaction, and the customer left knowing that they purchased exactly what they needed. Just one sale would more than cover the cost of the Live Chat feature!
Utilize Our eCommerce Live Chat Feature!
Take your eCommerce site to the next level with the live chat module that comes standard when you choose WSM as your content management system. Keep potential customers on your website instead of hitting the back button to find the answers they’re looking for. Often times the visitors that end up leaving a site could have been saved if there had been someone there to take care of them in the same way a live employee would have done at a brick and mortar store. Use Live Chat to set your site apart from the competition!